In this episode we discuss Twitter and how it can be used for marketing. If there’s one thing we can all agree on we all have a different way of describing Twitter. Nathan says it’s more of social network. Bill says it’s more of a social medium. Either way we both think it’s great for a number of reasons. Whether we like it for how it connects us to people or information, there’s not doubt that Twitter is a new and remarkable communication vehicle.
We also talked about the following…
- Besides answering the question, “What are you doing?” in Twitter you might want to also answer one of these five questions:
- What did you learn?
- What made you laugh?
- What do you need an answer to?
- What are you thankful for?
- What ticks you off?
- Monitoring your Twitter following to follower ratio
- Twitter uptime verses downtime
- Nathan kicking the bucket (he didn’t, he’s fine…at least as of the time of this post)
- The Twitter blog
- Are you a Twitter Giver, Taker, Zombie, or Spammer?
- Bill called out former MTV VJ and “Podfather” Adam Curry as being a Twitter Spammer
- Twhirl as a Twitter application for your desktop
- TinyURL for shortening URLs
- Snurl (now called Snip URL) also for shortening URLs
- Twitter for marketers report from Cal Evans
- Follow Bill on Twitter
- Follow Nathan on Twitter